Today was another lovely day in London...made even better by the fact that it was a Saturday. This morning Jordan and I went to Portabello Road to get fresh fruit salads and some pastries for breakfast (so delicious...there is nothing better). When we got back and saw that the weather was alright we decided to go out to Kew Gardens.
Kew Gardens is basically a collection of the worlds plants all in one place. They have greenhouses with climates and plants from all different areas of the world, a walk that takes you above the trees, tunnels that go underground and show you the world of the badger, and more flowers than I think I have ever seen before. We had such a good time walking around and we even took a nap on the grass (until an old lady tripped over a hole and almost fell on top of Jordan while she was sleeping haha).
We tried to take a boat trip home like we did from Greenwhich but it didn't work out so we ended up walking forever through the town of Kew which is really cute, I liked it a lot and its not far from London which is nice. It was definitely a good day trip for sure.
So the internet here is being super lame and not letting anyone upload pictures onto blogger or anything so I will try to get all of them up as soon as possible. They are all sitting on my desktop in order ready to go...





4 comments:
Hey...did you get my email with suggestions from my friends? Hopefully there was something that you guys can do. Do you have big plans for the big 2-0 next Saturday?
Sounds like you're having a blast! The Centre sounds a little more updated since I was there. What's all this about internet access...?
If you are looking for something to do over the weekend - head over to Cambridge and go punting on the river Cam. Then go see all of the C.S. Lewis sites in Oxford. I loved both of those places. Spend a few minutes in the Tate just for me. I'm so jealous! Is your reading list on line? I'd love to see what else you're doing.
Looking forward to seeing pictures too...
Sam!!! So random that I found your blog! I'm so jealous of your amazing adventures in Europe. It's on my list to get there someday. haha
sarah...yes I got those emails. Thanks so much. We got the bus idea from her and a few restaurants but I want to do some of the other things she suggested too. I think I will be in Bath for my birthday. Partay! haha
julie...yeah, I guess it is a little more updated. Its way cool to think that you were here at one point too. I am way excited to go to the Tate and my friends and I are planning trips to both Cambridge and Oxford so stay tuned.
emily...I'm so glad you found it too! now i can keep in touch better. It looks like you are having an awesome time in Florida. I am jealous of your sunshine haha
Post a Comment