Friday, May 22, 2009

Busy Day

Today was another beautiful day in London. Since there wasn't any class I slept in a little and then started my day with a run. By the time I was ready for the day and had worked on my paper a little the group (me, Rachel, Jordan, and Ari) were ready to go down to Borough market and find some lunch. Borough market is a huge food market and one of my new favorite places in London. There is so much fresh food and it is all so cheap! I love it! I found lunch (a chicken wrap made right in front of me with fresh salsa, mayo, chiles and some lettuce stuff) for today and then we got some for tomorrow for a picnic. The best part....SAMPLES EVERYWHERE! Seriously...I can't express how much I love this place. mmmmm yum

After the market we went to the Natural History Museum which is one of the places we have to go to for our fine arts class (this does not classify as a fine arts museum in my book). It was fun though, very interactive, and we got our assignment done so thats good.

After dinner our little group went to ride the London Eye. Remember how the center didn't have hot water the first few weeks I was here? Well, since we were all so cooperative, the directors decided to treat us with London Eye tickets...whenever we want. It was very cool to go, especially since I have walked all over this city and I was able to point out different buildings I have been to. We impressed the other tourists in our little cab by pointing out all of the important buildings and telling them about them. It was way fun...especially since it was free!

Looking out over the Thames before our "flight"


Flying high in the sky
How much do I look like Danica in this picture?

London has exposed a serious problem in me...I love treats! Seriously...there are so many good treats all over this city and I just don't know what to do about it. There was a scale in the museum today and in the four weeks that I have been here I have gained 5 pounds! Thats crazy! (I do have reasons to believe that my scale in Provo was broken...so I don't know how accurate this is....but still!) I need to go home for my own good!...but of course I don't want to :)

2 comments:

Ryan & Jess said...

haha i laughed about the comment about the samples. totally reminds me of us at costco. especially after the rex lee run haha. also- i do think there was something wrong with our scale in provo, unless i slept off 10 pounds one night and on occasion our bathroom was negative weight. haha we should probably look into a new one next year.

Sarah said...

Isn't the London Eye fun? I remember being no scared to go (I hate heights), but once in my pod thing, it was great! What fun things you're doing...Vegas isn't going to even compare.