Since not much happens here on Sundays there isn't a lot to tell. I went to the Mitcham ward and helped teach primary to the CTR class (4-7 year olds). The class isn't big at all and they are all very shy but it is always a lot of fun and I am always amazed at how much they know. Next week I am teaching the valiant class (8-11 year olds) by myself so I am looking forward to that.
After dinner today the entire group went to the Barbican Concert Hall to see the London Symphany Orchestra perform. They performed some Elgar, Stravinsky, and Brahms. I really enjoyed it but I must have been coughing a little too much for the man next to me who kept offering me cough drops. Sorry...
So last week I listed all the things I miss about home. Just so you don't think I am not loving it here, this week there is a list of things I am definitely going to miss about London.
1. Marks and Spencer...oh how I love M&S. Its like Target on steroids...seriously. Their fruit is always so fresh and so cheap and their chocolate chip flapjacks...HEAVEN!
2. Boots...how can I live without a Boots just around the corner for all my convenient store needs?
3. Nandos...YUMMY chicken pitas. They let you get your own water and soda with as much ice as you want. Fresh and fast.
4. Wagamamas...so much food and such good service. Can never go wrong with the number 41. The soup is a little hard to eat but totally worth it.
5. Waffle Man...The hole in the wall waffle place on Bayswater - the only place open past 9 here. And he is so friendly. I don't know his name but we call him Gustav.
6. Gelato...the place on Queensway is divine. So many flavors so little time.
7. Parks...ok, must get away from food. I love how green this city is while still maintaining a city status. One minute I am hearing the busy streets and the next I can be in a forest...its amazing. I love having trails to explore when I run.
8. Public Transportation...ok, as much as I hate when the tube is crowded it really is a great system. And the buses are so much fun to ride, those drivers don't yield to ANYONE.
9. Shows...What beats a show for 20 pounds...in 50 pound seats. Absolutely NOTHING.
10. The Center...Yeah, life is crazy living with 40 girls and 1 boy but I am going to miss having people around all of the time. As strange as it is I love living in the same building as my professors. True, seeing them in my pajamas in the morning isn't the most glamorous thing, but I feel like I can connect with them and then class isn't so stressful. And, the Shulers are so nice to feed us two wonderful meals a day (yep...back to food). I love breakfast here, nothing is better.
After dinner today the entire group went to the Barbican Concert Hall to see the London Symphany Orchestra perform. They performed some Elgar, Stravinsky, and Brahms. I really enjoyed it but I must have been coughing a little too much for the man next to me who kept offering me cough drops. Sorry...
So last week I listed all the things I miss about home. Just so you don't think I am not loving it here, this week there is a list of things I am definitely going to miss about London.
1. Marks and Spencer...oh how I love M&S. Its like Target on steroids...seriously. Their fruit is always so fresh and so cheap and their chocolate chip flapjacks...HEAVEN!
2. Boots...how can I live without a Boots just around the corner for all my convenient store needs?
3. Nandos...YUMMY chicken pitas. They let you get your own water and soda with as much ice as you want. Fresh and fast.
4. Wagamamas...so much food and such good service. Can never go wrong with the number 41. The soup is a little hard to eat but totally worth it.
5. Waffle Man...The hole in the wall waffle place on Bayswater - the only place open past 9 here. And he is so friendly. I don't know his name but we call him Gustav.
6. Gelato...the place on Queensway is divine. So many flavors so little time.
7. Parks...ok, must get away from food. I love how green this city is while still maintaining a city status. One minute I am hearing the busy streets and the next I can be in a forest...its amazing. I love having trails to explore when I run.
8. Public Transportation...ok, as much as I hate when the tube is crowded it really is a great system. And the buses are so much fun to ride, those drivers don't yield to ANYONE.
9. Shows...What beats a show for 20 pounds...in 50 pound seats. Absolutely NOTHING.
10. The Center...Yeah, life is crazy living with 40 girls and 1 boy but I am going to miss having people around all of the time. As strange as it is I love living in the same building as my professors. True, seeing them in my pajamas in the morning isn't the most glamorous thing, but I feel like I can connect with them and then class isn't so stressful. And, the Shulers are so nice to feed us two wonderful meals a day (yep...back to food). I love breakfast here, nothing is better.





No comments:
Post a Comment