After presenting with my group in European Fine Arts class today and getting two other assignments – the visit the National Gallery and the British Museum – Jordan, Rachel and I decided to get started. We spent the afternoon at the British Museum, which has an amazing collection of history from all over the world. We were most impressed with the mummies and I loved the old Egyptian statues. The Rosetta stone was obviously a major object to see and I was actually surprised at how big it really is. The museum was overwhelming but I had a good time looking at the different exhibits and just taking in as much as I could.
Evensong and dinner progressed as usual and then the entire group went out to see Romeo and Juliet in the Globe Theatre. It was an interesting experience. We didn’t have the best seats (we were on the side of the round so a large pillar blocked my view of anything that was happening in the middle) but at least we didn’t have to stand for the entire three-hour performance. It was a good show and something you pretty much have to do when you come to London.
In other news the hot water is back on in the center! I haven’t taken a shower yet but from what I hear it is great haha. I am taking my computer to an Apple store tomorrow so hopefully I will have pictures of the last week up soon. The internet, however, is something that I do not think will ever get better so I am just going to have to deal with it.
One thing that I am amazed by in London is how early most things close. It’s almost worse than Provo! But coming home from the Globe starving at 11:30 tonight Jordan and I were amazed to find the McDonalds still up and running, as well as our friendly neighborhood waffle supplier, so of course we had to pay them both a visit for our midnight snack. It was fabulous.





No comments:
Post a Comment