As fun as Cornwall was, it is nice to be "home". On the way home our first stop was the Exeter Cathedral - its a medieval cathedral with the oldest piece of woodwork in the world...or something like that. It was pretty cool but kinda the same as all of the others. It was interesting because the lady that gave us the tour kept telling us about all the other uses of the cathedral and I was so glad that the places of worship in our church are just that...places of worship. We don't have rock concerts or school plays or art exhibitions...not that these are bad things, they just have a place and I really like that that place is not in church.
After a couple of hours of driving we stopped to tour Jane Austen's house in Chawton. It was cool to see how one of the writers that we have been studying lived. There were copies of some original manuscripts, a lock of her hair, and some dresses that she wore. I quite enjoyed it.
Overall Cornwall was a great trip. I really loved the English countryside and the beach, but especially the cliffs. Tomorrow a small group of us are going out to Bath for the day which should be a great birthday treat!





3 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAMI DEAR! We are thinking about you today (I mean more than we normally do :)
I have always wanted to go to Bath. And I would love to see Jane Austin's "stuff." Oh, the things you are getting to do! That stained glass was amazing, btw. I hope you can find yourself a cupcake somewhere in that kingdom--for today you are queen!
Happy Birthday! I hope Bath was great.
Hey Sam! I assumed texting wouldn't work, so I decided to use your blog! Happy Birthday! and enjoy all the fun things you're doing there!!!!
Post a Comment