Friday, February 12, 2010

Thoughts...

Sitting here watching the Olympics and blogging tonight some random are coming to mind...

1. I would like to congratulate Jess and Ryan on their engagement! It happened last night and it has now become public knowledge (I just have to brag for a minute and say that I was the first to know) so I can tell everyone. I am so happy for both of them. I know they will be great together.


Ryan..you better take care of my best friend/roommate/cousin. It is going to be weird when she gets married for sure. I am so happy for her but at the same time I feel sad to be loosing a part of my best friend. We have pretty much been inseparable since we met two and a half years ago and I can't really imagine doing anything without her. May will be the start of an adventure for both of us...me on my own, living in a new apartment with random roommates, making new friends, going outside my comfort zone more than ever before, and Jess starting married life and all of the craziness that goes with that. I can't wait to help her plan this whole wedding though...her happiness these days makes me happy. I just hope we can stay as close as we always have been once she is a married woman!

2. Lately I've been so so grateful for my friends. I have realized that I may not have as many friends as some people, but the friends I do have are amazing people. I know they are there for me whenever and wherever I need them. I know I can count on them and most importantly I know they love me, and I love them.







I've been through a lot, especially this past year, and I couldn't have done it without my friends. Thank you thank you thank you (and not just the ones pictured...all of you!)

3. It is absolutely disgusting that in the past few minutes I have been sitting here I have eaten 340 calories worth of Reese's. It will take 30 minutes for me to work that off at the gym tomorrow...and it only took 10 seconds to eat! Sometimes I really hate calories. If only I could be one of those people that could eat whatever they want and not gain a pound...

4. Valentine's Day is this weekend and it is my first without a valentine since I was 14. Wow...kinda depressing...but definitely part of the growing experience I have been going through lately. I hope everyone else has a great time with their 'person' this weekend.

5. This week my mom came to visit for less than 24 hours. At first I was complaining that she loved my brothers so much more than me because she wouldn't miss any of their games, but then Ryan reminded me that she loved me so much she was willing to drive 12 hours just to spend a few hours with me. We had a great time...shopping, going to a pretty boring banquet, girls night at the movies, and breakfast in the morning. Thanks for coming mom...hopefully next time you can stay a little longer. :)

6. Thanks to Jordan I am obsessed with vanilla diet dr. pepper from Sonic. Just in case you wanted to know.
7. If anyone has any connections to a hospital in the Provo area and wants to get me a job as a CNA I would really appreciate it. PA school applications open up in April and I really need some experience!

8. I really like the Olympics. There is something exciting about a nation coming together and cheering on our athletes. I love watching snowboarding, ice skating, skiing and pretty much anything else I have time to watch. I also love all the random facts I have learned about Canada in the past few minutes haha
9. I LOVE music. Lately I have been listening to a ton of Owl City, The Script, Train, Parachute, and my new favorite...Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble. Music helps get me through the day.

10. Speaking of music...one album that can always make me feel better is Legally Blonde the Musical! Jordan and I are going to see it next month in Salt Lake and I cannot be more excited! It is going to be just like our London days where we saw at least one show a week.

Sorry that was all really random...I hope I didn't bore anyone to death...

5 comments:

Carrie said...

You didn't bore me. I like the updates on your life. And I'm excited for you and your new adventures this summer.

And thank you for putting the True Blue picture up where my sister looks handicapped in the middle. It's a classic.

Dad said...

Don't forget I'm good friends with the lead singer of Train.

Sarah said...

-Yeah for Jess. I didn't know that everyone didn't know and was wondering why no one had posted about it! When's the wedding and are you going to be a brides maid?
-Yeah for good friends. I think it's better to have a small number of great friends than a large number of good friends.
-I think Valentine's Day is a little lame, and I've had a Valentine for 14 years. We do a family love day at our house.
-Don't like vanilla anything, even Dr. Pepper.
-They Olympics made me weepy and love my country. I watched until after 12:00 last night.
-Sorry about the PA thing. I can't help.
-I wish I was more into music, but I am not. I used to be. Then two children came along and I am now lame. I can sing Itsy Bitsy Spider with the best of 'em.
-You mom loves you no less than your brothers. If she would have missed their games, they would have said that she loves you more than them.
-Where are you going to lives next year?

Emily said...

Sam I loved this post! I've really been slacking on the blog. Legally Blonde is fabulous! You're going to LOVE it!

Ryan & Jess said...

You're so cute. And the best bestfriend/roommate/cousin I will ever have- and will always have, minus the roommate part (even though I offered that you could live in our family room haha) And you better believe we will still be as close- I dont know how to cook without you, remember? haha