Just because Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday (I hate dressing up) that doesn't mean I don't like getting into the holiday spirit. I can't take credit for this idea...its from Woman's Day...but I still wanted to share it because it's super cute. Jess and I had fun making these the other night as part of our girls night. We may have had to beg the store owners at JoAnns to let us in, but it was totally worth it!
I started with a styrofoam wreath that I wrapped in black duct tape.
Then I used a glue gun to attach the candy corn...alternating directions. (This was pretty Martha Stewart of me...it takes a little more time and effort than these pictures and directions would indicate)
Then I tied a black ribbon into a small bow and hung it up on my door. Cute huh!?!
I love it...except for the fact that people have started to pull the candy corn off of the wreath (I know they aren't falling off because halves will be left sometimes). I hate when people destroy other people's property...seriously...its not like they really want to eat these candy corn do they? I don't understand it but whatever.
I am now looking forward to the parts of Halloween that I love - haunted houses, corn mazes, and pumpkin carving. Bring on the festivities (as long as they don't involve costumes)!






1 comment:
This is SO cute. I love it. Also, Congratulations my dear.
Post a Comment