Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm 21!

On May 16 I turned 21...but since I have the best friends and family in the world, I got to celebrate a birth week instead of just a birth day. It started the Wednesday before my birthday. Ryan's family was gathering to celebrate his birthday (which was the next day) and they invited me to join. Sister Flake made dutch oven chicken and potatoes, a delicious salad, rolls, and even homemade ice cream and carrot cake for dessert.

Look how cute the table was

We were also celebrating Ryan's soon-to-be brother-in-law Clinton...he just passed his dental boards

 
This is what we walked in to see...doesn't it look amazing?!?

After dinner we had cake and ice cream. First we put 21 candles in the cake and sang to me, and then we added one more candle so we could sing to Ryan. 

People apparently aren't used to singing the birthday song twice in a row...so Ryan's song was pretty bad. I couldn't get a normal picture of Jess and Ryan because everyone was laughing so hard...sorry guys.

After dessert it was present time. Brother and Sister Flake were so nice to even get me a little present.

It was a super yummy cookie and a delicious smelling candle. They were so nice to think of me.

The festivities continued the next day when a group of us went bowling for Ryan's birthday. It was followed by cake and ice cream back at Jess and Ryan's apartment. 

That Saturday was the paintballing date and then Sunday was my real birthday!  After church Jess had me and some of our close friends over for a nice birthday lunch. Everyone was super nice and pitched in to help make Caribbean jerk chicken...it was delicious. Then we started making desserts for the dessert party at my apartment later that night. 


Carson iced dozens of mini cupcakes...

Jess and I worked on pretzels dipped in caramel and chocolate...

Torrie made a better-than-sex-cake at home...

and Ryan did...

this. No comment. :) No...he really did help.

The dessert party turned out to be really fun (after a slightly awkward start).

A blurry picture of me blowing out the candles on the cake Torrie made.



Friends.

My mom had told me to look for a package in the mail around my birthday...but I didn't actually get it until almost a week after.  I had just gotten home from the gym and I decided to see if the office had it...they did (and had had it for a week...thanks for telling me guys) so I called my mom and opened my family presents. It wasn't nearly as fun as being with my family on my birthday...but close. I was lucky to have Jess there to celebrate with me. Again.



Overall I had a great birthday...I am so blessed to have the family and friends that I do. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u made jerk chicken that is not ur thing
i know it was spicy