Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mommy Dearest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!

Today my mom is celebrating her birthday. I won't reveal which one of course...but, since I didn't do a mother's day post, I think she deserves a little shout out.

My mom is the greatest.  Twice in the past year she has come to Provo for less than 24 hours just for me (ok...one was for Jess but still). I know she wishes she could stay longer, but the other three kids and husband at home keep her busy. Even when she isn't here I can always call her and, even though she doesn't usually answer the first time haha, she always calls back and is willing to help. I can call her to edit papers, solve problems, listen to me think out-loud, and brainstorm ideas for me. Whenever I have a random question, she is the first person I turn to. The amazing thing about all this is she does that for all of her kids. She is so busy but so willing to take on more. It's crazy. 

A few weeks ago my parents were out of town so I went to Vegas to babysit the kids. I 'played mom' by taking the kids to their games and lessons, cooking meals, and cleaning the house. By the end of the weekend I was exhausted. I realized a little of what my mom does everyday...without the bill paying, grocery shopping, and everything else that comes with the job of homemaker. 

Basically what I am saying is thank you mom! I appreciate everything you do for all of us. Happy birthday and I love you!

1 comment:

Ryan & Jess said...

Can I claim one of her 24 hour trips to Utah for me? Not to say that she loves you less, but that she is just that amazing to adopt ANOTHER child on to her 4 and be so wonderful to me too? :)