Winter semester 2010...
Church History
Developmental Biology
Evolutionary Biology
History of Civilization from 1500
Technical Writing
Physiology and Developmental Biology Seminar
Physiology Lab TA
So this semester is a little different than the last one. Last semester I had all science and math classes. This semester I have three GE classes. Since these are totally outside my comfort zone this could prove to be a tough semester - but I know it will be interesting. This semester also includes some BYU firsts for me...
...first semester with no classes in the Benson building!
...first semester with no chemistry classes
...first semester with no classes on Friday!!!
...first semester with a class in the Maeser building
The semester also lets me see some of the weirdest classrooms on campus. I've awarded the top three.
Third place goes to my English class in the JKB...the room itself isn't weird, but the building is. I swear this building was built one room at a time, with no consideration for the building as a whole. Three different materials make up the exterior. There are only four floors but half of the building has half floors and you can only go from the half floor to the real floor in certain areas - so forget about finding a bathroom!
Second place goes to my developmental biology class in the Eyring Science Center... this classroom is on the fourth floor. I didn't know the building even had a fourth floor - but I finally found the stairs...kind of hidden...in the back of the third floor. Once I found the floor I checked out a map and found the room easy enough. Only problem...there isn't a door where the map says there is a door - just a wall. So...wandering around the floor, I found the rest of my class and together we found the classroom...about 5 minutes late.
First place goes to my church history class in the Maeser building...this is one of the original buildings on campus so I guess this room totally fits in. I walked in the room to find a small, rectangular stage in the front with three rows surrounding three of the four sides. Unfortunately these rows were packed. I looked up and saw a balcony - so I walked out of the room, up some stairs, and walked back into the room where I found three more rows overhanging the rows on the floor. Weird. I have never been in a classroom like it. I felt like I should be watching a show...not listening to a lecture.
So...even with the weird rooms, and the three GE classes, I am way excited for this semester. I love learning new things and challenging myself to see what I am really made of. So I may complain about it later...but I am ready for all of the hard work. At least now :)





2 comments:
Well thank you for the updates. I love them and am glad you're back!
OOOHHH, a writing class! Is the JKB the same as the old JKHB?? If so, it's a totally weird building where I had most of my classes.
Post a Comment