The past few years my family has been going to Disneyland over Halloween because the kids get school off on Friday (for Nevada Day) and its relatively uncrowded. This year Jess and I took a day off school and joined them for a fun time in California. Not only were we blessed with fun rides, short lines and good food, but the weather was beautiful (meanwhile...it was snowing in Provo haha).
My mom, being the excellent planner that she is, had both Friday and Saturday scheduled out for us...giving us the maximum ride time, the minimum wait time and even some free time :). On Friday we were standing outside Disneyland by 7:15 waiting for the park to open at 8. We got in right when it opened, ran through Downtown Disney (as I am trying to explain our surroundings to Jess who was experiencing Disneyland for the first time!) and straight to our first ride. The day went on with rides, running into people from home, a delicious lunch, and more rides. After dinner Danica, Drew, Jess and I went back into the park and partied it up until late.
Yay for DISNEYLAND!!!
Matthew and I on Dumbo with Jess and Danica behind us.
Drew, me, Danica, Jess and Matthew waiting (for the Matterhorn i think...)
Doesn't Danica looked thrilled to be riding with me haha.On Saturday we got to sleep in for a little and then we went to California Adventure and lined up to race to the Toy Story ride as soon as it opened. From there its all a blur of roller coasters, cotton candy, elevator drops (Tower of Terror) and Halloween decorations.
Matthew, Jess, Drew, and me...getting ready to blast off.Last weekend was so much fun. It was so good seeing my family...especially my mom and sister because they refuse to come visit me like the rest of my family (*just kidding*) and to just relax. Amazingly I didn't do any homework the entire weekend. LOVELY. Thanks family!!
P.S. Jess...I am so glad you got to come. You can be a part of our family anytime. We all love you. I hope you enjoyed your first experience at Disneyland.





5 comments:
I can't believe your dad went on all of those rides so soon after surgery! I also can't believe that Jess had never been to Disneyland...crazy.
The one sad thing about living in Illinois is no more Nevada Day Disney trips. :( I miss those.
For my first trip to Disney Land, I definitely choose you people to take me...it just might be a while before I can do anything with "terror" in the title. (I want to throw up just thinking about it, even though that's not saying much these days. Smelling my body wash makes me want to throw up.) Looks like so much fun! (The trip, not throwing up. Sorry I'm preoccupied with throwing up.)
DISNEYLAND!!! that trip was so fun, and I agree- they were the perfect group to go with for my first time :) I loved it!
hey im in the malaboomer pic too that is my arm to the left
black shirt
Post a Comment